In 3 dimensions there are 13 separable (orthogonal) coordinate systems.
See link -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthogonal_coordinates

How many do you want to implement?  I would have a coordinate_system class
and use it to instantiate a particular coordinate system then when you
instantiate a vector space one of the parameters of  the vector space
instantiation would be the coordinate system.  This way you could have
different coordinate systems in the same program.

For my geometric algebra modules I started with a metric and derived the
basis vectors and their derivatives.  If you are interested in this method
go to -

github.com/brombo/galgebra

and look at galgebra.pdf in the doc directory.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CALOxT-kfF8JAj2S8mPN%2BNfkmSFp61PCLGr16mXgzrjR2CoxeCQ%40mail.gmail.com.