Also I see a list of references for it here https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/Technical-References#symbolic-integration , which among these would be good to start first? (brief idea would suffice)

Gaurav Dhingra

On Thursday 02 March 2017 12:17 AM, Aaron Meurer wrote:
Other algorithms that would be useful, if you believe you are capable of implementing them:

- cylindrical algebraic decomposition (CAD)

- the Risch algorithm.

There are references on the ideas page. Both are challenging from a mathematical point of view (though I believe less so than Karr).

Aaron Meurer

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 9:59 AM Ondřej Čertík <ondrej.cer...@gmail.com <mailto:ondrej.cer...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 4:40 AM, Gaurav Dhingra
    <gauravdhingra.g...@gmail.com
    <mailto:gauravdhingra.g...@gmail.com>> wrote:
    > I've been thinking about applying again, though I am not sure
    what the
    > project should be. Are there any good algorithms that are not
    implemented
    > that could make a good project (I've read the ideas page)? I
    have 3 projects
    > in mind:
    > (a). Implementation of Karr's algorithm, I believe no one has
    done much work
    > except Matthew Rocklin who did work on Concrete module.
    > (b). Complex Analysis: I quote the statement by Kalevi:
    >
    >> What I think should be added to SymPy is the Laurent series
    expansion of
    >> meromorphic functions.
    >> The trouble with the current implementation of limit is that it
    often goes
    >> too early to gruntz.
    >> That should only be used for functions that are not meromorphic
    but have
    >> an essential singularity.
    >
    > Also he opened a few issues on SymPy which might also use
    Complex Analysis.
    > Plus, since I have a course on Complex Analysis, which include
    topics . But
    > I am not sure even if it is possible to implement these things
    in a Computer
    > Algebra System.
    >
    > (c). Last summer Sumith mentioned about A dedicated bug fixing
    project in
    > GSoC . Since I feel like I can try to handle quite a few issues
    of multiple
    > modules, I would want to apply for this one if the above two
    doesn't have a
    > mentor alloted to them.
    >
    > I might not want to mentor a project, since that seems like too much
    > pressure for me. Applying as a student would be my priority.

    Here is a really cool project that I would love to see happen:

    https://github.com/sympy/sympy/issues/12233

    Ondrej

    > Gaurav Dhingra
    >

    > On Monday 27 February 2017 11:05 PM, Aaron Meurer wrote:
    >
    > SymPy was accepted as a GSoC org again this year.
    >
    > Interested students, please read our instructions on how to
    apply here
    > https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/GSoC-2017-Student-Instructions.
    > The most important things are to pick an idea from our ideas list to
    > discuss with us, and to start working on a patch to fulfill your
    patch
    > requirement.
    >
    > Mentors, I will be sending you invites on Google's website. If you
    > never signed up on the ideas page, please let me know so I can
    invite
    > you.
    >
    > Aaron Meurer

    <mailto:sympy@googlegroups.com>.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/fd4b4702-983b-4dbd-00f6-bff8b9142e0e%40gmail.com.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CADDwiVBUVroL6MCUFjtjoLBG1b6Pgqf_QA%2Bcu%2BdMv-zyi%2Bc_ZQ%40mail.gmail.com.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "sympy" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to sympy+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:sympy+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To post to this group, send email to sympy@googlegroups.com <mailto:sympy@googlegroups.com>.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CAKgW%3D6JFLu%3DEx2KWJy%2Bi7x7TQ-OPrV4UZMw36Kh9xzx5cKEbZw%40mail.gmail.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CAKgW%3D6JFLu%3DEx2KWJy%2Bi7x7TQ-OPrV4UZMw36Kh9xzx5cKEbZw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Thanks
Gaurav Dhingra
(sent from Thunderbird email client)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/c2bb4e3c-4ec1-6dd1-6fa1-4b8b9bc09f47%40gmail.com.