Vishesh,

I certainly don't want to obscure the sense that this is SimPy - after all,
many people here must have contributed some very sophisticated algorithms
to this project - I just want to help reveal what they have done by
clearing away some of the clutter that probably impedes poential users.

Kasper,

Thanks for the offer of collaboration - would you like to contact me at
dave at dbailey dot co dot uk?

My intention is to provide something on each cell (probably a right-click
menu item) to use Latex. FTN95 is still being sold and developed, and we
recently added the ability to use Latex to convert TeX files via a series
of steps into SVG format, that can then be used to annotate graphs etc. The
value of SVG for this project, is that it is textual, and can be saved as
part of the workbook (which is  itself textual). I should say at this
point, that I use my own format for the workbook files - because that gives
me far more freedom to add features - but if I can get a spec of Jupyter's
output format, I'd certainly consider providing a means to import them into
SymPyWorkbook when the project has matured a bit.

Does Cadabra use SymPy and Jupyter right now?

One advantage of the more basic style of output is that it can be
copied/pasted and modified. Obviously this is not possible with Latex
output - on area where Mathematica still has an edge!

BTW Please note that the above image still contains a glitch - long
expressions are not being properly sized into the cell, and some
information is lost as a result.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/87716e06-5483-4d30-9778-ab1ff12b4852%40googlegroups.com.