On Sun, 21 Mar 2021 at 07:48, Kartik Sethi <kartiks31...@gmail.com> wrote:

> S.Y. Lee,  in #20987 It is outlined that there is a need to implement a
> DomainScalar class, which would help speed up eigenvector computation.
> I think that would be a more fruitful endeavour instead of working on  these
> decompositions.

The eigenvector calculation is already speeded up on master although
it's possible that further improvements can be made. What DomainScalar
would potentially do is make it easier to write the code for something
like that which would be useful for extending the same approach
elsewhere e.g. to use DomainMatrix for the Jordan normal form which is
a very similar calculation to the eigenvector calculation.

OScar