Using one of the jupyter<->sphinx tools is really nice for this. I've been
moving the pydy examples to work with jupyter-sphinx and you get these
results:
https://pydy.readthedocs.io/en/latest/examples/carvallo-whipple.html
(people can look at the rst source, download a notebook, or a py file and
the notebook renders with the powers of jupyter).

Ideally we add some tooling to sympy's docs so that notebooks can be
included.

Jason
moorepants.info
+01 530-601-9791