Dear all,

two issues that I've been thinking about that are maybe related.

1. It seems like the maintenance of mpmath is a bit on hold. I seem to
recall that it has been discussed for SymPy to take over the maintenance of
it. Is this correct? Is now the time? (I assume that maybe we do not have
the competence to actually develop it further, but more sorting out the few
bugs that emerge etc.)

2. It has been discussed adding matchplay as a dependency. Related to that:
would it make sense to move the rubi code out to its own repository? The
code seems highly useful if/when it works and this can maybe spark some
interest in it (or at least reduce the size of SymPy...). Then, matchpy can
easily be made a dependency there. (And possibly for the remaining sympy as
well, as it is sort of independent, but definitely the largest direct
benefit is currently with rubi.)

Both these require that "someone" (at least Aaron I assume) creates repos
and are willing to assist in setting up deployment chains etc. I may
personally not be willing to take on a larger role for any of these repos,
but can definitely be part of them and assist in moving rubi.

BR Oscar Gustafsson