Dear Jason,

Thanks!
If I understood correctly, if I use velocity constraints, I do not use the
minimal number of generalized coordinates, hence these reaction forces and
'virtual' speeds appear in my force term of the equations of motion. As
they are normal to the motion of the particle(s), I simply set them to zero
in the force term.

Peter