Hi all,

Thanks for mentioning SymPy Beta.
If I understand correctly, SymPy Gamma's goal is to make SymPy
end-user-friendly in a Wolfram|Alpha way, and some of the users (like Aman)
may contribute back to SymPy.
If I'm allowed to be as ambitious as I choose, SymPy Beta's goal is to be
an open source alternative to Wolfram|Alpha, as close as possible.
That is to say, although currently more than 90% of its kernel is powered
by SymPy, in the future it may involve functionalities from other
libraries, like NumPy and SciPy, or even outside Python ecosystem. At that
time, it should be renamed, and maintained by a different group of people
rather than only SymPy community.
So, do you need a pure-SymPy web service, or equivalently continue SymPy
Gamma? Likely. That's why Aman's GSoC makes sense. And I'd be glad to
borrow code and ideas from it.
SymPy will never be hurt by my forking. I'm not a selfish guy who only
cares his own project. Instead I upstream every possible improvements. #23379,
#23349, #23239 are examples. If you find any AGPLed code should belong to
SymPy, please let me know.
For SymPy Gamma, I do want its users to use SymPy Beta instead, because it
is modern and (at least currently) better maintained, has more
functionalities, bug fixes and less confusing behavior. And it doesn't add
a cent to my bill :-)
But as the license granted, you may fork SymPy Beta back at any time you
want.
Sorry for being off topic. If you have more questions or thoughts, please
discuss at https://github.com/sympy/sympy_gamma/issues/186 or
https://github.com/eagleoflqj/sympy_beta

Best,
Qijia