Google has announced they are running Google Season of Docs again this year
https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs. The deadline for us to apply
is February 15.

I'd like to apply again. Before we do that, though, we need to come up with
a project idea. I'd also ideally like to find someone to hire before then
too (unlike Google Summer of Code, Season of Docs works like a grant
program. We apply for money from Google and if we are accepted they pay us
and we hire someone). If you are interested in working with us, please
reach out.

This year, I'd like to focus on improving the overall quality of our
reference "docstring" documentation. I'm open to other ideas, but I
personally see this as the biggest deficiency in our documentation right
now. The quality of our reference documentation varies from good to OK to
bad to nonexistent. We have a documentation style guide that was written as
part of a previous season of docs, but it is not followed everywhere
https://docs.sympy.org/latest/contributing/documentation-style-guide.html.

This project mostly would consist of various small cleanups to the existing
documentation. For example:

- There are also various little issues that are prevalent in the reference
docs. For example, the misuse of single backticks, which currently create
LaTeX, instead of double backticks (see
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/issues/13519).

- There's a lot of various grammatical errors in the docstrings.

- There are a lot of functions that have docstrings but which aren't
included in Sphinx, and would require little RST cleanups to include.

These sorts of cleanups are not hard, but the issue is that we have a lot
of documentation, so they will take a dedicated effort to do.