Hello everyone! I'm Jay Sharma, a second-year undergraduate student
majoring in electrical and computer engineering. I'm eager to dive into
contributing to SymPy and tackling some of its challenges.

I'm expressing my keen interest in participating in the GSoC 2024 program
with SymPy. After reviewing the ideas list page, I've identified a few
projects that caught my attention. Specifically, I'm interested in working
on the *Improving Polynomial GCD* project. I've explored the progress from
the previous year and would like to understand what tasks remain for this
project in the current year.

I appreciate your time and consideration. I'm excited about the prospect of
collaborating and learning within the fantastic SymPy community.

Best regards,
Jay Sharma