On Mi, 2011-12-14 at 16:52 +0100, Chris Kühl wrote:

> >> relevant
> >> bootstrapping
> >> without
> >> >

> >> Well, in GIO GDBus you can create a connection using a GIOStream using
> >> g_dbus_connection_new_sync(). Not sure if that would really work the
> >> way you want, though.
> >
> > Looks promising.
> >
> > How about the same thing for libdbus?
> >

> I just looked but don't see anything.

We need it in the case where GIO GDBus is not yet available.

dbus_server_listen() and dbus_connection_open_private() probably can be
used.

> If you are referring to setting
> up a peer-to-peer dbus connection, that's done using the (G)DBusServer
> class. There is an example at [1].

That's a starting point, although it still needs to be done differently
for libdbus+GDBusCXX.

> Also, I intend to use g_spawn [2] for the fork and exec'ing. Should
> offer enough control and make for less code to maintain.

Okay.

> >> I've no problem doing this, though.
> >
> > I don't care either way, as long as we can get it done soon, like this
> > week ;-)
> >

> That might be a little tight. Tomorrow is a short day for me; Xmas
> party at the Kindergarten my kids attend. So, maybe it's better you
> tackle this if you need it that fast.

Yes, let me see how far I get. That'll allow you to continue with your
original plan, too.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.