Hello All,

I have been starting at the beginning of the queue and have been reviewing 
sites that have had NO content changes since 2003.  Those I've been tagging 
as dead.  Am I doing that wrong?

Don

At 09:12 PM 2/9/05 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
> >  Last Good Parse:2005-02-09 08:51:25
> >  Average Response Time: 1.49 seconds
> >  Availability:100%
> >  Average Headlines Per Day: 0.00
> >  Headline Percentile Rank: 0.000
> >  Compressed:No
> >
> >  Wouldn't that feed be considered "Dead"?
>
>Not by my reckoning.  If the server reports "404 - Not Found" and has
>done so for the visible polling history, or if the visible polling
>history is nothing but a list of errors about the host not resolving,
>then  I'd probably consider it dead.  The feed you mention is still
>responding "100%" of the time, with an average response of 1.49
>seconds -- doesn't sound dead.  If the Availability was 0% that would
>be a different story.
>
>I was going to give an example of a feed that your criteria might
>consider "dead" that is very much a live (if not regularly-active)
>feed (which I help maintain), but I'm currently getting the "We'll be
>Right Back" database maintenance message.  It only has one entry a
>month, sometimes less frequent than that, but it's still alive and I
>don't know of any plans to end it.  I don't think it should be
>"discriminated against" just because it's not as active as others, as
>long as it's carrying valid data at the interval expected by its
>audience.
>
>--
>Stuart "Rattlesnake Stu" Whitmore  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
><http://www.just-stuart.com/>http://www.just-stuart.com/
>
>
>If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>(this will tell it to stop sending you mail)
>
>To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE:
><http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join>http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join
>(here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list)
>
>To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit 
><http://www.syndic8.com/>http://www.syndic8.com/
>
>
>Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>ADVERTISEMENT
><http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129nju9ss/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=groups/S=1706173512:HM/EXP=1108098744/A=2532114/R=2/SIG=12k66vifk/*http://clk.atdmt.com/NFX/go/yhxxxnfx0020000014nfx/direct/01/&time=1108012344917968>26105c5.jpg
>2610774.jpg
>
>
>----------
>Yahoo! Groups Links
>    * To visit your group on the web, go to:
>    * 
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/
>    *
>    * To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>    * 
> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
>
>    *
>    * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the 
> <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>Yahoo! Terms of Service.


Dr. Donald M. Bell, Ph.D., MBA, PA
President and COO
Venture Strategies, Inc.
http://www.venturestrategiesinc.com
http://vsinc.blogspot.com
410-729-1573 Office
410-729-1574 Fax
443-794-6394 Cell

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]






------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
In low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers.
At Network for Good, help bridge the Digital Divide!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/EpW3eD/3MnJAA/cosFAA/IRislB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(this will tell it to stop sending you mail)

To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: 
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join
(here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list)

To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/ 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to