Hi Kent, You should be ok with a large list. I would encourage you to give it a try, and to drop me some mail if things are not working as well as you would like.
You may find this article to be of interest to you as you research more about personal lists: http://www.syndic8.com/article/1 Jeff; On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 04:03:32 -0800 (PST), "Kent Gibson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said: > > > wow cool feature, personal lists. good work. > > I would be interested in using such a thing, but I am > worried I might break it. I am currently gathering > loads and loads of unqualified feeds. Therefore I > might want a public list of say 200,000+, is the > architecure intended for such a load? Plus then to > have multiple users accessing such a list? > --- Bill Kearney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > > > > > I am writing an aggregetor application, and I want > > to > > > bundle a bunch of feeds in the product. However > > some > > > of the feeds have the warning FOR PERSONAL AND NON > > > COMMERCIAL USE ONLY, for example newisfree and > > > moreover. Would I be in violation of this because > > I am > > > selling a prduct which had their feed in it? This > > > would be a product which could be used for > > > professional purposes. > > > > When in doubt, ask the source. > > > > I'm of the opinion, however, that including the URL > > of a feed as part > > of a default or 'jumpstart' collection provided with > > a tool isn't the > > sort of problem they're seeking to use a license to > > guard against. > > > > After all, what feeds are after is an audience. > > Being restrictive of > > how someone might share the existence of the URL > > would seem > > counterproductive. > > > > Also consider that you can use our service via web > > service calls and > > personal lists. You could, perhaps, create a > > personal list and use > > that as an online 'live source' of feeds for your > > reader program. > > > > > Does that also mean that a company cannot maintain > > and > > > provide a feedlist which had these as entries? > > > > That seems pretty unlikely. > > > > -Bill Kearney > > Syndic8.com > > > > > > > > > > > __________________________________________________ > Do You Yahoo!? > Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around > http://mail.yahoo.com > > > > > > > If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to: > [EMAIL PROTECTED] > (this will tell it to stop sending you mail) > > To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: > http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join > (here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list) > > To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit > http://www.syndic8.com/ > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Has someone you know been affected by illness or disease? Network for Good is THE place to support health awareness efforts! http://us.click.yahoo.com/Rcy2bD/UOnJAA/cosFAA/IRislB/TM --------------------------------------------------------------------~-> If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (this will tell it to stop sending you mail) To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join (here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list) To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/ Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/ <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
