Hi Kathryn,
If your blog is generating an RSS feed, what that means is that in
addition to the actual blog HTML file*, there is also an XML data
file* that contains information about each of your blog entries -- for
example, a title, the publishing date, the language, an excerpt from
(or the full text of) your entry, etc. The actual data included, and
the RSS format version(s) supported, will be up to the blogging tool.
* When I say "file" it isn't necessarily a file on a disk, it could be
dynamically generated whenever it is requested.
Generating an RSS feed from your blog is the first step. It's ready
to be "syndicated" (assuming it's a technically valid feed), but that
doesn't mean that you have anyone subscribing. Next you need to find
subscribers! There are various ways of doing this, and of course I
recommend using the Suggest feature on Syndic8.com to make your RSS
feed(s) visible to many potential subscribers. (Your feed(s) won't be
immediately available, but using the Suggest page is the first step,
after which it's mostly a matter of waiting.) You can find other
suggestions for finding subscribers in the "Finding Subscribers"
section, near the end, of my "Give Your Site the RSS Treatment"
document at:
http://www.just-stuart.com/geeks/rss_treatment.php
Hope this helps!
--
Stuart "Rattlesnake Stu" Whitmore ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
http://www.just-stuart.com/
On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 19:37:13 -0600, Kathryn Krastin
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> I have created a blogsite... errrrr.. well... several blogsites. I
> have become a blogger and my friends are laughing... but, I will laugh
> back when I am making the mula and they are having to drive to find
> money to keep their homes alive. :))
>
> Anyhow, I do enjoy to write... so ask me any question, and I'll try to
> answer ... or, at least, try to FIND you the answer. That is, after
> all, what brought me here today to you. In your description, you said
> it was okay for newbies to join and find out the answers... so, I do
> hope that you will help me to understand some things....
>
> ie Explain to me this syndication thing... and, while I know that I
> clicked on RSS in my setups for the blogsites, I am not sure exactly
> what that means to me exactly. Do I still have to do more to get my
> site syndicated??? HEELLLLPPPPPPPPP !!! :)
>
> Thanks, in advance. Look forward to learning more from you all (or
> y'all, as we say it here in Texas!)...
>
>
> Kathryn Krastin
[too-long section snipped]
------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~-->
What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater?
Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tcy2bD/SOnJAA/cosFAA/IRislB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~->
If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(this will tell it to stop sending you mail)
To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE:
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join
(here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list)
To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/