As I was using the "Random Approvable Feed" link to do some feed
reviewing, I was surprised to run across a feed from the blog of a
friend of mine from college.  (First time to say "hey, I know that
guy" while randomly reviewing feeds.)  I'm not surprised he has one
(or by the content), but I didn't know about it before finding it via
Syndic8.

I went ahead and approved the feed after checking it out, but
remembered afterward to check for duplicates.  As it turned out, I
found another entry that apparently has identical content, is also
published in RSS 2.0, but it's at a different address.  Both validate
and seem ready to approve.

The feeds are:

131716 (approved by me), http://weblogs.asp.net/jrule/rss.aspx
167478 (awaiting approval), http://blogs.msdn.com/jrule/Rss.aspx

Feed 131716 was suggested first, manually, while feed 167478 was
suggested later "while creating list from OPML list
'http://www.bloglines.com/export?id=msdn'"

So are these considered duplicate (which is my inclination)?  Or
should they be treated separately?

I just looked at the channel link element and it refers to the
blogs.msdn.com address, so if I handle it the way Bill has suggested
for "www.somedom.tld" versus "somedom.tld" addresses, I should approve
167478 and mark 131716 as a duplicate.

Anyway, I figured I'd ask for guidance/opinions on this before marking
either one as a duplicate...

Thanks,

-- 
Stuart "Rattlesnake Stu" Whitmore  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
http://www.just-stuart.com/


------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Has someone you know been affected by illness or disease?
Network for Good is THE place to support health awareness efforts!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Rcy2bD/UOnJAA/cosFAA/IRislB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(this will tell it to stop sending you mail)

To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: 
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join
(here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list)

To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/ 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to