RSS (in it's various versions) and Atom are different formats of XML
data.  So to go from Atom to RSS would mean a fundamental change in
the format of the feed.

All that technical blah-blah aside, it looks like you're using
Blogger, so what you can do depends on what Blogger offers.  To quote
their Help section:

"All site feeds are published in Atom 1.0 format. However, if you add
?alt=rss to the end of any site feed URL, you can get the same feed in
RSS 2.0 format."

I don't know if that applies just to the "new Blogger" or both old and
new blogs.  I've recently run across some Blogger-based feeds that are
still using the obsolete Atom version (0.3 I think), even after they
started using 1.0, so I can't claim to understand exactly how they
manage feeds.

As for language, I'm assuming you mean "English" or some alternative
(i.e., natural languages).  I would *think* that the "Language"
setting on the "Formatting" tab of the "Settings" for a Blogger blog
would set that value in the feed.  However, I apparently don't
understand how Blogger manages languages in feeds either, because the
blog for this feed is set as English but the feed itself has no
language:

http://www.syndic8.com/feedinfo.php?FeedID=493500

OTOH, this Blogger-based blog/feed is set to English and its feed in
Syndic8.com is marked as English, but I'm also running it through
FeedBurner:

http://www.syndic8.com/feedinfo.php?FeedID=485576

I don't recall exactly why I decided to use FeedBurner for that, but
anyway, it's worth noting that the latter feed passes validation with
flying colors while the former feed (directly from Blogger) generates
validation warnings.  {sigh...}

Not sure if anything here will help you, but hopefully I've given you
some clues toward doing what you have in mind.

-- 
Stuart Whitmore
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.just-stuart.com/

On 1/27/07, Antonella DeFalco <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if someone would be able to help me.  When I set up my feed,
> I used type "Atom"  If I want to change this to RSS how would I do this?  I
> know I must have missed something, but if you could provide some guidance
> that would be helpful.
>
> I am attempting to update the language on my feed and all the instructions
> are for RSS.
>
> Again, any help is appreciated.
>
> http://www.syndic8.com/feedinfo.php?FeedID=477499
>
> Thank you,
> Antonella :-)
>
>


If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(this will tell it to stop sending you mail)

To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: 
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join
(here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list)

To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/ 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to