Hi all,

I'd like to publish something like this article on LWN, please check
it over and let me know if anything else needs to be added:

Synfig is a powerful, industrial-strength vector-based 2D animation
software package, designed from the ground-up for producing
feature-film quality animation. It was initially a proprietary app
produced by Voria Studios for internal use and when the company closed
down, Synfig was GPLed and development turned over to the free
software community.

http://www.synfig.com/
http://www.synfig.com/overview/

Synfig version 0.61.06 was released on June 24th 2007. It is the
result of more than a year of contributions by the free software
community. It has much fewer bugs, several usability enhancements, a
set of new Tango-styled icons and other improvements. Some examples of
what can be achieved can be found on the following sites:

http://www.synfig.com/gallery/
http://wiki.synfig.com/Gallery
http://youtube.com/results?search_query=synfig
http://www.videoplayer.es/tag/synfig/

As usual, synfig needs your help. If you know GTKmm and or C++, are an
artist or writer, can document things, are willing to learn or are
otherwise interested in helping with synfig, please join the mailing
lists and IRC channel and start helping out.

There will be an IRC and gobby meeting for artists, developers and all
other interested persons on July XXth.

--
bye,
pabs