The build environment is generated by

osc build --local-package

It will generate a path like /var/tmp/build-root/openSUSE_13.2-x86_64/,
install system default packages like bash and build requies into the
directory, bind /proc and /sys to the sub folder, change root into it, and
inside the chroot environment, do rpmbuild.

This is the standard way in obs(openSUSE online build service) for
packaging, the only difference between local and online is that online
packaging will create a virtual machine based on the image. I have the same
result online, you can check it here.

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:intijk:synfigstudio/synfigstudio

Click on the right side, failed, you can check all the building log.

And the failure happened on the building of synfigstudio part, the command
that cause the failure is:

synfig -q synfig_icon.sif -o 128x128/synfig_icon.png --time 0 -w 128 -h 128

It seems like it want get the frame 0 from the animation(I don't understand
.sif, this is the guess). from file synfig_icon.sif

I copied this file out from building environment, and it seems not zero
size:

$ ls -lh synfig_icon.sif
-rw-r--r-- 1 intijk users 1.7K May 10 19:27 synfig_icon.sif