I’m very much in favor of aggregating and analyzing data, that’s bascially what we do at dnswl.org <http://dnswl.org> :) Having said that, I usually don’t see that much load on our sa-update mirror, just a bit of bandwidth being used.

Well nice sleuthing to figure out the culprits company.  I am considering the issue closed with MS and they will never let us know the outcome due to privacy

How can we aggregate the logs?  We have a free Apache G Suite instance I'll mention if that sparks some ideas.  But perhaps even if I just agreed to send my logs to you, it would be cool to see some stats on it.

To compare, here's the same commands on a few weeks of logs on my server. Really surprising to see those old versions:

 26592 3.3.2"
  12120 3.3.1"
   4531 3.1.8"
   3073 3.4.1"
   1506 3.2.5"
    561 3.4.0"
    470 3.2.1"
    464 3.2.4"
    107 3.2.3"
    104 3.1.7"
     53 3.3.0"
     19 3.2.0"
     18 3.2.2"
      2 3.1.9"

Dave, with rules how many versions do we publish now?  Just one with a cname for a few versions?  Which versions?  Sorry, I can't figure out how to get into PowerDNS to check!

BTW, Matthias, can you subscribe to this list as a mirror operator, please? Just email sysadmins-subscr...@spamassassin.apache.org, please?

Regards,

KAM