On 11/08/2017 01:45 PM, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
On 11/8/2017 10:02 AM, Dave Jones wrote:

Dave, with rules how many versions do we publish now?  Just one with a cname for a few versions?  Which versions?  Sorry, I can't figure out how to get into PowerDNS to check!

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/spamassassin/dns/spamassassin.org?view=markup

It appears that sa-update versions 3.4.1 and above support the CNAME.

Thanks, that's what I thought.  Everything older hasn't had new versions in years.  I wonder why sa-updates are still being downloaded for them. We might consider removing the DNS entries. Or just not care as it's so minor.

Regards,
KAM

I think there are old "zombie" scripts out there trying to curl fetch updates outside of using sa-update. Maybe they are trying to fetch them into their own copy/repo or something? I don't know for sure.

Should we remove DNS entries for all "ancient" versions. What versions do we officially support currently with ruleset generation? We are only testing new rulesets against 3.4.x. Should we remove the DNS records for anything older than 3.3.0? That is the oldest TXT record for modern rulesets in 2017.

Dave