Hi Chris,

thanks for the housekeeping call ;) I agree, we should first finish what is *now* on
the agenda.

Just an important note: the discussion below was initiated by me using the SNMP
mapping as an example. The initial question I rose was if a syslog relay (only taling
syslog ;)) should be allowed to use multi-part messaging IF the received message is
larger than the MTU of the target network. So the original discussion was not about
SNMP/syslog, but about straight syslog. I would like to mention this to keep the
thread on focus, instead of killing it.

So far, Anton commented that a syslog relay should use multi-part messaging if there
is no other way to transmit a syslog message to another syslog server. I, too, feel
that this is the right way to handle the situation.

If somebody does not like this idea, I would appreciate comments.

Thanks,
Rainer