As someone who works fr the offending company, I might point
out that the lodged IPR statement does not accurately reference
the draft at all.  It talks about "section IV" and "section V".
The current draft has no "section IV" or "section V".
The draft does have sections labelled "section 4" and "section 5".
If you know anything of legal documents and messages then you will
understand that they need to be accurate.  Ask your lawyer for
more information on this.

Given your role as chair and that you are employed by the
company involved, I would like to ask you to resign your
role as co-chair here because I believe your commercial
interests are compromising the direction and role of this
group.

If you do not wish to voluntarily resign I will ask the
group to take a vote on this matter.  As it stands, there
are a number of people who do not like this move and I
can imagine any number of them would feel betrayed by it.

Darren