Andrew,

thanks for the good comment. I just think that we should specify this
for the TLS draft, only. There has been a lot of discussion on plain TCP
syslog and I would not like to open that discussion again. If we have it
in TLS (for good reason), the odds are probably much better to get that
specified for pure TLS (maybe an informational document?), too.

> How do you suggest we escape the LF?

As an old C hack, I suggest \LF and \\. But that of course is more of
cosmetical and I have no real preferrence (just a habit...).

Rainer