No,we have not called for interopo with 3164. As there are very few 3164
"compliant" (not a standard) implementation, we can not find any common
ground. Even more essential, 3164 is purely UDP, so there is no such
thing as a 3164 "compliant" tcp sender. I agree, however, that
-transport-tls can easily be used together with existing syslog/tls
implementations if we use LF (and no octet count). It then comes down to
what is described in syslog-protocol for interop with existing
implementations.

This is why I would prefer that mode.

Rainer