Hi,

[speaking as co-chair]

> As a very interested observer and consumer of your standards, I am
> getting very frustrated at the lack of commitment to ANY
specification
> and lack of interest in completing anything. I strongly recommend
> singular focus on syslog-protocol and it's bindings. Get them
> implemented before you start messing around with other things. I had
> thought this was the agreement of the committee last year.

That is what we are doing. The protocol, udp, and tls documents have
been submitted to the IESG for advancement. We are (almost) done with
those.

Our charter very explicitly shows the agreement from last year.
The next steps are to complete syslog-sign and syslog-mib.
That is what we are attempting to do, by resolving some dependency
problems between syslog-sign and RFC3195, as discussed in my other
email.

David Harrington
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]