Lagat lost a lot of money from this -- probably close to 100k. I'm glad that he was cleared.
He probably would have medalled -- even a bronze is worth 20k. When you medal you usually trigger a shoe contract (as well as other sponsors) bonus. So he probably lost another 40-50k there. Plus he lost out on any post WC appearances and prize money.

Kebba Tolbert ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

=================
Head Coach -- Portland State University
Track & Field/Cross Country
GO VIKS!!
www.goviks.com
>From: Mike Prizy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: Michael Contopoulos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: t-and-f: Lgat's B Sample Negative
>Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 12:59:07 -0500
>
>This is why positive A samples should never be released - or leaked - to the public. Now the
>conspiracy folks are going to have a field day.
>
>Michael Contopoulos wrote:
>
> > http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/general/features/2003/lagat_b_netative_20031001.html
> >
> > www.trackandfieldnews.com

> > High-speed Internet access as low as $29.95/month (depending on the local
> > service providers in your area). Click here. https://broadband.msn.com

High-speed Internet access as low as $29.95/month*. Click here.
*Depending on the local service providers in your area.