--- alan tobin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I friggin hate assumptions like that. Using that logic all of the
> women's WRs fail in comparison to the 400 mark. You can not compare a
> time at one distance to a time at another distance. It's just stupid.

Tell that to Purdy...  Comparisons across events for any *one* athlete may
not mean much, but you might just be surprised at how good they are at
predicting equivalent performances for the best in each event.

Dan

=====
http://AbleDesign.com - Web Design & Custom Programming
http://Run-Down.com - 10,000 Running Links, Fantasy T&F