In a message dated 8/30/00 8:05:46 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Why not?  Because if you declare all the records drug-tainted and invalid
you'll take down some major icons along with those evil commie cheaters -
that's why.  And some of those icons may hire lawyers to argue the point on
their behalf.  Sure we'd get rid of the East German marks that are
documented to be dirty, but we'd also get rid of records held by JJK,
Michael Johnson, El G, Geb, Jonathan Edwards, Bubka, and others.  Many of
these people are still competing and still testing negative.  >>

you mean like Ben Johnson for all those years pre-Seoul?  :-)

gh