The whining that goes on about cross country is ridiculous. Listen,
collegiate cross country discussions and results are easily just as
important as talk concerning collegiate sprinting, which we see all the
time on this list. What's more, it's ten times better than the endless
junk we have to read about drug busts and other bureaucratic track crap.
I'm excited about the Olympics as much as anyone else, but there's no need
to start this anti-cross country crusade against a part of the sport that
so many of us enjoy.

T. Howell