30 seconds would put abdi in a pretty good position.  keep in mind that
not many have broken 27.  we need guys like meb and abdi to get to that
level and show people that we can do it.  kennedy did it, and now we have
more athletes that are on the edge of great things.  kennedy showed people
what it takes, and now the next generation is using his
experiences and benefitting from them. these younger runners must continue
their growth at all distances.  also, i know it was a tactical race, but 30 seconds
off abdi's time wins
the olympics.  27:16 is rolling.  i think the best time in the world this
year is only 27:03.  just a little something to think about over the next
few years.

mccaff