> While I appreciate the input, Brad Hudson is not a particularly good
> example...we're talking about athletes who are in the 28:20 (or better)
> range over 10,000 meters moving up sooner rather than later...during the
> ,'90s, these guys typically moved on to the weekly road circuit, racing up
> to 10 or so miles in order to make $250-$2000...road whores with no true

I'll say Brad Hudson is a bad example. He had both asthma and a heart
condition that kept his heart motoring at idle over 100bpm. Really puts a
damper on an athletic career. He's still the HS course record holder at the
venerable Van Cortland Park, and one of the top age-group marathon runners
ever.

malmo!TM
Another self-anointed "award-winning" pundit for the Sydney2000TM Olympics