Was anyone else appalled at how NBC shamelessly villified
this man? The darth vader voice and the still pictures that
made him look like a child eating ogre? In reality he
was a cultured hard working athlete. Cultured and hard working
doesn't fit the Drago-underdog Rocky anglethey were trying
to frame. "Oh well, let's turn him into a monster"

I'm convinced that NBC embodies everything that is wrong
with... I'll just leave it at that, they embody everything
that is wrong. I attempted to watch t and f last night
but was thwarted by synchronized diving and gymnastics.
I couldn't watch. I have never known a single person who
has participated in either of these activities. Both
of them seem better suited for cirque de soleil.

By the way, where is the DI XC poll located?

> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "P.F.Talbot" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Cc: "andrew mcdonagh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Track list"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: RE: t-and-f: Bob Costas's view of ALEXANDER KARELIN
>

> Costas said:
>
> "Despite his image, he is an intelligent man, listen to music and read
> poetry".
>
> Incredible! Who would have believed that a "Russian bear" spending time in
> the ring would listen to music and read poetry?
>
> I just can't believe it!
>
> UG

-s