Sideshow says:

<><><><><><><><<><><><><><><
I know you said you couldn't think of what exactly were the times that would

reflect the barriers of human performance, but I ask you to try.

Would you say the following were dopedg times?
8:05 steeple?
27:48 10K in Nairobi (the fastest altitude time ever)?

I know for a FACT that un-doped athletes ran these times.

If you're going to attack all fast performances, give some standards and
I'll
chime in with athletes I know are clean and have run those times.

It's your move.
sideshow

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I didn't say I "couldn't think of the barriers" of human performance ... I
said: I don't know the Limits of human performance in distance running, but
they are NOT at the level where today's runners would lap Viren, Yifter,
Rono, Schildhauer and Cova at their very best.

  Man has not evolved enough to lap the greatest runners of just 15 years
before.  Training methods have not changed and it doesn't have anything to
do with more people running.  This is my opinion.  Just as it is your
opinion that man has made a quantum leap in performance in the sport  ... so
much that the fastest men from ten years earlier (12:58/27:08) would be
also-rans.

But since you asked, take a crack at providing me with "clean" runners who
have run:

*  an 8:03 steeple as a 19 year old.

*  under 7:25 for a 3000m.

*  under 12:44 for 5000m.

*  under 26:40 for 10,000m.

*  12:54 5000m as a 19 year old.

*  27:24 as a 19 year old.

BTW, How many times did you test these guys and what testing method did you
use?  Can you send me the negative test results?

You see, when you say that you "know for a fact" that anyone is clean ...
that is as much proof as me saying I "know for a fact that they are using".
And, I don't "know" that, and I never said I did.  It is my opinion that
they are.

It is my opinion that the current world class standards for the 1500m to the
marathon are just not humanly possible without the blood drugs.  If they
were, then the world would have run them in the 80's.

The article (submitted by OZTRACK) gave more evidence that this opinion is
widely held in Cycling.  It also outlines what I already knew:  doping is
practiced by more than 95% of the professional riders in Europe.  There are
currently two doctors in Italy under indictment for sporting fraud
(supplying drugs to athletes) among other crimes ... one was named in the
article (Conconi) the other is Dr. Michele Ferrari.  They both have been
forced to relinquish the patient files that detail the treatment of more
than 100 athletes apiece, over many years.

Certainly, runners will be named as those who have paid for the services of
these two.

Until then, I will try to concentrate on facts only, and identify my
opinions as just that:  opinions based on evidence.