I like the club idea, but how does the club system handle the disparity in
talent among the "sub-elite" athletes? You'll have to take into account the
on-the-bubble 100m guys running 10.3-10.5 and also the weekend warrior types
running 12.0+. The 10.3 guys won't get a lot of benefit running against the 12.0
guys. Their best competition will still come from collegiate meets. It seems the
club system, for competitions anyway, would end up catering to the sub-sub-elite
athletes.

s.devereaux

--
"I have plenty of talent and vision. I just don't give a damn."