>I would definitely agree with the prep part of the Lindgren vs. Pre
>assessment, but I wonder about the collegiate part.  Seven NCAA titles is
>pretty tough on Pre's part.

I think what GH was getting at, was how did the athlete
compete against the REST OF THE WORLD during his collegian
years, not how he competed against other U.S. collegians.

In that regard, Lindgren probably ranked a strong #2 in
the world behind Clarke, while Pre was probably more
like somewhere between #4 and #6 (it's subjective) at
the peak of his collegiate years.

Of course Pre had to face a slew of people like Viren
and Gammoudi, while Lindgren only had Clarke as a serious
contender.

RT