Throw up stories.

Bob Kempainen threw up at about the 22 mile mark of the men's marathon
trials in Charlotte in '96. It was live on TV. He immediately picked up the
pace and ran away from his pursuers.

I coached an 8th grade boy some years ago who threw up every time he pr'd.
He improved from 5:00+ to 4:35 that season. He went on to captain the Furman
University team.

An 8th grade girl threw up on my feet after she had run 5:08 for second
place in the HS state meet. She went on to run 4:43 indoors last year for
Clemson.

I may get excited the next time one of my kids throws up after a race.

Ed Prytherch