<What would your reaction be to your own child (not as a coach or knowledgable runner,
but as a parent)?  What would most parents be today?>

Today's parents are also always right with the kids of all ages in many sports all the
time. Thus you have 5 hour trips to soccer matches - something unheard of in my day
(70's).

My parent's always seemed impressed by the miles I ran
and never questioned our training even though during xc season we had to run through a
rough neighborhood to get to the park we trained in. I also always travelled
to meets by myself from age 13. I don't even know if I'd let my own kid travel like
that these days. Perception is very strange.

Steve S.