In a message dated Tue, 20 Nov 2001 10:22:27 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Interestingly, while the RW site doesn't list Ralph as a sub-4 minute miler, Bob
>Sevene has an article on Coolrunning where he says Ralph ran
> 3:55.2.
>
> Now, seeing that Ralph ran a documented 7:42 for 3000 meters at Lausanne in  1979,
>I'm inclined to believe Sev.   But it'd be interesting to find out
> where and when?>

Sev's a great coach, but that doesn't necessarily make him a great statistician.
King's best mile--while I can't pin it down precisely in a quick search--is slower
than 4:01.0.

But his best 1500 was 3:40.0, worth 3:57.6, so in essence he's a sub-4:00 guy, even if
not a 3:55 performer.

gh