Y ask:

Just got this strange/silly inquiry from John Hayes, who apparently thinks he can lure
some kids into track by highlighting famous people who have competed:

Hello,
   I'm a track coach at a small Midwest High School.  I'm trying to recruit heavily
for the upcoming season.  I was wondering if you have a list of Famous Track Athletes.
Not the athletes that only run Track, but I'm looking for famous football players,
basketball layers, baseball player, Hockey players, and movie stars that have run
Track & Field. Thanks for your help

If you have suggestions, write him at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thanks for your indulgence.

Ken Stone
http://www.famoustrackstars.com

Bill Cosby and Jack Lemon come to mind, plus any number of
javelin-throwers-turned-Steelers-QBs-turned-sportscasters.