From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2001 8:12 PM
Subject: t-and-f: Famous people who have run track?

> Y ask:
>
> Just got this strange/silly inquiry from John Hayes, who apparently thinks
he can lure some kids into track by highlighting famous people who have
competed:

> Hello,
>    I'm a track coach at a small Midwest High School.  I'm trying to
recruit heavily for the upcoming season.  I was wondering if you have a list
of Famous Track Athletes. Not the athletes that only run Track, but I'm
looking for famous football players, basketball layers, baseball player,
Hockey players, and movie stars that have run Track & Field. Thanks for your
help

> If you have suggestions, write him at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Thanks for your indulgence.
>
> Ken Stone
> http://www.famoustrackstars.com
>
> Bill Cosby and Jack Lemon come to mind, plus any number of
javelin-throwers-turned-Steelers-QBs-turned-sportscasters.