> From: Keith Whitman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:08:36 -0700 (PDT)
> To: Track Net <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: t-and-f: running bad for you? (was street)
> Our Primary Care Physician is 80 years old
> and still runs nearly every day and is healthier and
> happier as a result.>>

happier maybe, but how do you know healthier? Pretty tough concept to prove.

> So GH, what do you do for fitness/exercise?  Don't be
> an early heart attack bro!>>

I'm from the karma is karma school of thought. You play the hand nature
dealt you. If you got good genes, you'll live a long time. Bad genes, a
short time. And all the attempts to manipulate the system through diet
and/or exercise is pretty much a fraud.

Heard one syndicated doctor on the radio recently saying that he believes
the only significant thing to increasing longevity is mental. Being happy
and getting rid of stress in your life. He said there were some studies
which suggested that the real benefit of exercise is that it takes your mind
off the stresses which make you nuts; the phyiscal part was a very minor
component.

gh

ps--12-ounce curls, many reps.