While I agree that most research on diet and exercise increasing longevity
is questionable at best, I have seen one interesting fact about longevity
pop up in several good pieces of research. That fact is that the factor
which correlates highest with living past 100 years old is people who have
consumed chronic, life-long low calorie diets. Of course, this has NOTHING
to do with happiness and quality of life, just how long it takes reach the
eternal dirt nap. So along with karma, you need to be really hungry most of
the time too ; )

John