I also found the article interesting.  As a former coach of Akins I detected
minor errors referring to him (the article spells his name Atkins).  I don't
think he ever weighed more than 305 lbs. at his best and usually 290-300.
His vertical was at least 32".  I think we measured 33 once.

--
Wayne T. Armbrust, Ph.D.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]