On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 16:11:34 -0800, you wrote:

>Has everyone finally got Marion and Tim and Charlie out of their systems, so
>we can go back to talking about real track & field issues?
>
>To paraphrase economics, talk about bad talk driving out good. Once
>everybody quits one of these beserk drug-driven threads, there's nobody left
>to post.
>
>gh

Okay, here's one- since NCAA & HS stuff doesn't interest me all
that much any more (thus this is a slow time of year).
That big meet the first week of June in Carson (the site of the World
Cup in- what- 2006?).
I think I saw that Rich Perelman is directing it.
Is Rich going to pursue something like GP II status, then go for
an "upgrade" in future years?  Although it's billed as an 'international
invitational", I haven't heard anything about IAAF "tour" status.

Between this meet, the big Stanford "distance show", and Portland
and Eugene-
what is the IAAF recognizing this year, and at what level?

RT