On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 4:20 PM, Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamp...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> The wiki has a definition of the tag and a photo of what it's meant.
>
> It's not a good idea to trying to "globally fix" stuff. These tags are
> in wide usage, so "I'll just change the Wiki" means: "I'll change the
> meaning of tags that a lot of others before intended differently". But
> people will continue to use the tag the "old way".

Ok, kindly calm down, read my post again, and note that I very
carefully avoided any suggestion of "fixing" anything. All I proposed
was surveying the crowd to verify that the tags are being used the way
the wiki says they are, then document the undocumented power=station
and power=sub_station tags. You don't have to leap to any conclusions.

> Remember there are 20000 active mappers out there having a specific idea
> about that tag in their head,

That's what I'm trying to determine. I suspect that the 20,000 active
mappers actually have several different ideas in their heads. Can you
think of a good way to find this out? Is there a non-JOSM way to see a
graphical list of all the usages of a tag, with imagery, to get a
quick sense of what they correspond to?

> there's also software that's using the
> definitions as in the wiki already.

Yep.