On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 3:41 PM, Nathan Edgars II <nerou...@gmail.com>wrote:

> With respect to only riding on the shoulder, we're talking about
> freeways, where ramps are almost always on the right side (left in
> some countries).

I won't speak for you, but I was talking about whether or not "bicycles
allowed only on the shoulder" should be tagged as "access=yes" or something
else (such as "access=shoulder_only").  It came up in the context of a
freeway (*), but the access tag should be consistent regardless of whether
or not the road is a freeway.

(*) Actually, I believe it came up in the context of interstates, which are
not all freeways if you count the non-standards-compliant interstates in
Alaska (are there others?).