At 2010-09-05 18:22, Serge Wroclawski wrote:
On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 8:08 PM, John F. Eldredge <j...@jfeldredge.com> wrote:
> In practice, it seems unlikely that any one will try to tag every tree in a forest

It's entirely possible to map every tree in a city. Someone else
mentioned Girona, I'll mention that Washington, DC's data contains
trees and could be imported. Another independent organization in the
city also contains tree data- not just the location of the trees but
the species as well as date the tree was planted.

There's no reason to think that individual trees will not be mapped.

"Special"/historical trees could be mapped tagged historic=yes

This approx 50 sq mi area of Bakersfield, CA, USA contains over 41,000 trees that were imported: node[bbox=-119.15,35.29,-119.0,35.38][natural=tree]. No other descriptive info is present.

--
Alan Mintz <alan_mintz+...@earthlink.net>