2010/9/21 John Smith <deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com>:
> On 21 September 2010 09:57, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Yes, which tag would you suggest? They are similar to guard rails IMHO
>
> Guard rails usually run parallel with the road, these barriers can be
> used to block the road to force traffic to be diverted etc...

you can use them for all kind of temporary regulation, in Rome they
use them to install roundabouts before they build them with concrete
and kerbs, they are also used to physically restrict parking in more
ordered manners, but mostly their use is temporary. I also saw them
used as kind of guard rails along the road (in the city, temporary but
not too short, more than a year).

> as for name, barrier=water_filled_plastic ?

maybe you can spot a more technic term? I'm sure they have a proper name ;-)

cheers,
Martin