2010/9/21 Richard Welty <rwe...@averillpark.net>:
>  On 9/21/10 2:19 AM, Stephen Hope wrote:
>>> maybe you can spot a more technic term? I'm sure they have a proper name
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey_barrier#Plastic_Jersey_barriers
>
> Wikipedia is a little disjointed on this.
>
> Attenuator is generically used for both rail type and barrel type
> barriers, water filled or sand filled. Attenuator has its own wikipedia
> page which the Jersey Barrier page doesn't link to.
>
> concrete Jersey Barrier is frequently referred to K-rail, and that usage is
> broader than Wikipedia recognizes; the term K-rail is more likely to be
> recognized by engineers than by the public, though.

OK, sorry, in the main time I added jersey barrier, feel free to
change this if you're sure that your terms are more precise / known. I
also added the spikes to the proposal (without picture, everybody feel
free to add it). I discovered that spikes already relinks to barrier
(but is not very visible on the barrier page).

cheers,
Martin