On 9/21/10 2:19 AM, Stephen Hope wrote:
On 21 September 2010 10:08, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer<dieterdre...@gmail.com>  wrote:
maybe you can spot a more technic term? I'm sure they have a proper name ;-)
Wikipedia seems to think they're just a subset of a Jersey Barrier -
mind you, even jersey barrier is a new term for me. I have no idea
what the UK equivalent is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey_barrier#Plastic_Jersey_barriers
Wikipedia is a little disjointed on this.

Attenuator is generically used for both rail type and barrel type
barriers, water filled or sand filled. Attenuator has its own wikipedia
page which the Jersey Barrier page doesn't link to.

concrete Jersey Barrier is frequently referred to K-rail, and that usage is
broader than Wikipedia recognizes; the term K-rail is more likely to be
recognized by engineers than by the public, though.

richard